Music Education Resources
Music Education Resources on the Web
- New York Philharmonic Kids – A great site where you can do all kinds of fun activities, including various games for composing your own music, a lab to invent your own instruments, and plenty of more fun things to explore.
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra Kids – You can have all kinds of music fun with this great site from the DSO. Learn about famous conductors and then test your knowledge playing Beethoven Baseball, or color in a composer.
- Kids Public Radio – An ad free, commercial free online radio station for kids, with channels for lullabies, stories, and songs written for and by young people.
- Classics For Kids -You can learn a lot about classical music here, with a featured composer each month, interviews with various professional musicians about what they do, and plenty of great resources about instruments and music in general.
- SFSKids -The San Francisco Symphony’s music learning site for kids and families, with activities like the Music Lab that encourages exploration using basic musical concepts.
- Carnegie Hall Listening Adventures – Interactive musical explorations using Britten’s Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra and Dvorak’s 9th Symphony “New World.”
- ThinkBright – A WNED kids site where you can get news, watch videos, play games, and learn about a variety of different topics including music.
- ThinkBright Music Teacher Resources – Another WNED sponsored site with musical based resources for various grade levels.
- ARTSEDGE -The Kennedy Center’s extensive database of music learning resources for educators, families and students.
- Naxos -Information on Classical concert etiquette and concert hall traditions
- Teoria – Lessons on music theory and useful exercises for aural skills
- MusicTheory – In depth step by step lessons on everything from the basics to neapolitan chords
- Noteflight – An inexpensive online notation program that allows you to create multiple files and share your work with other composers and songwriters.
- Music Law Resource Guide – A compilation of websites that address copyright and music publishing topics.
- IMSLP – The International Music Score Library Project has a vast collection of music scores that have become public domain.
- ChristineDavisFlute.com – The BPO’s very own principal flutist Christine Davis has a website full of resources. Not just for flutists!
Local Music Teacher Associations
- CCMTA – Cattaraugus County Music Teachers Association
- CCMTA – Chautauqua County Music Teachers Association
- ECMEA – Erie County Music Educators Association
- NCMEA – Niagara County Music Educators Association
- NYSMTA – New York State Music Teachers Association
- NYSSMA – New York State School Music Association
- MTNA – Music Teachers National Association