Employment and Auditions
Patron Services Supervisor (part-time)
The Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra is seeking a part-time Patron Services Supervisor to join our Box Office team.
- Acting as the Box Office Manager on duty
- Ensuring the timely processing, confirmation and mailing of ticket orders
- Coordinating the Symphony Shuttle program and communications with volunteer staff
- Serving as staff liaison to the volunteer-run BPO Gift Shop, including inventory control, cash reconciliation and communications with volunteer staff
- Assisting with BPO Group Sales, overseeing the group sales log and serving as point of contact for group leader inquiries
- Working closely with Box Office staff, responding to patron concerns or complicated inquiries they receive, or reporting those issues to the Senior Manager of Patron Services for a timely response
- Performing reconciliation for closing end of day (training to be provided)
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Relevant customer service experience
- Friendly, outgoing personality with excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills
- Training will be provided, but must be a self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Experience with point-of-sale software preferred; ticketing system training will be provided
- Interest and enthusiasm for the local arts and culture community preferred; experience with classical music is not required
- Flexible availability is required — this position requires availability on days, nights and weekends, and must work in-person
Interested candidates should send a current resume and brief note detailing their interest in the position to Adam Cady, Senior Manager of Patron Services – firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line, “Patron Services Supervisor.” No calls, please.
Patron Services Representative (part-time)
The Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra is seeking a part-time Patron Services Representative to join our Box Office team. Patron Services Representatives must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. The successful candidate will be reliable, have excellent communication and customer service skills, and be able to problem solve well. Experience with classical music is not required. Ticket system (Patron Manager) training will be provided.
- Providing professional, friendly, informative, accessible and hassle-free customer service
- Answering and processing ticket and subscription orders via computer, phone, in-person, and mail
- Assisting with informational and courtesy calls to patrons
- Assisting with the daily operations of the Box Office and additional duties as assigned
Applicants should have relevant customer service experience, possess a team-oriented attitude, be well-versed in Microsoft applications, and have an interest in the local arts community. This position works approximately 20 hours per week, depending on the concert schedule. Work schedule is flexible, but daytime, evening, and weekend availability is required, and candidate must work in-person. Part-time, $12.50 per hour with employee ticket discount perks.
Interested candidates should send a current resume and brief note detailing their interest in the position to Adam Cady, Senior Manager of Patron Services – email@example.com, with the subject line, “Patron Services Representative.” No calls, please.