- This event has passed.
BPO Musician Portraits at the Drive-in
The Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, in partnership with BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York and Buffalo Toronto Public Media, is excited to present a one-night-only screening at the Transit Drive-in! Join us on Wednesday, September 16 for an exclusive screening of highlights from the Buffalo Toronto Public Media-produced television series, BPO Musician Portraits with JoAnn Falletta.
These intimate performances, showcasing several BPO musicians in socially-distanced recording sessions, were filmed this summer at the WNED PBS Studios through the generosity of Cindy and Francis Letro.
- Gates open at 6 PM. Screening begins at 8 PM.
- One ticket permits entry for one vehicle and however many guests fit in that vehicle.
- This ticket *IS* transferrable. If you find that you’re unable to attend, please forward along to someone who can or contact us and we will offer the ticket to someone on the waiting list.
- Thanks to the popularity of the event, we have three screens at the drive-in! There might also be other films showing on different screens that evening. Please be prepared for the possibility of a line on Transit Road for entry.
- Please place your ticket on your vehicle’s dashboard to move entry along quickly.
- No parking spots will be reserved. BPO volunteers and staff will be there to welcome you and direct you to the next available spot in the BPO reserved lots.
- You may bring your own food and beverages into the drive-in. The snack stand will also be open with food and drink available for purchase.
- Restrooms are available and located at the snack stand. Due to social distancing and the popularity of the evening there might be a line for entry.
- Masks are mandatory if you leave the vicinity of your own car.
- Program audio will be run through your car radio (not a speaker on the outside of your car like the old days!). The Transit Drive-In uses state of the art FM stereo broadcasts to deliver the sound for the movies on each screen. You simply tune your FM stereo in your car to the designated frequency, and listen from the comfort of your own vehicle. Under normal operating conditions, this will not drain or harm your car battery.
- You may also bring a battery operated portable radio with you and listen from outside of your vehicle sitting in lawn chairs.
- The screening will take place rain or shine.
- In the instance of fog or any other weather conditions that would significantly obscure your view of the screen, you will receive an email notification of cancellation by 3 PM the day of. We will plan for a reschedule date at that time.
- We have missed seeing you all at Kleinhans Music Hall! While it won’t be entirely the same without live music, we look forward to being there together safely and watching our BPO musicians perform (virtually).
- If you have any additional questions, please contact BPO’s Director of Special Projects, Wendy Diina, at 716-242-7826 or email@example.com.
Thank you BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York for sponsoring this event allowing it to be free for all of us!
Roman Mekinulov, cello
Eric Huebner, piano
RACHMANINOFF Sonata in G minor for Cello and Piano, Op. 19, Mvt. I & III
Nikki Chooi, violin
TCHAIKOVSKY Swan Lake
MASSENET Meditation from Thaïs
Madeline Olson, harp
ALBÉNIZ Prelude (Asturias) from Cantos de España
ALBÉNIZ Rumores de la Caleta, Op. 71, No. 6 “Malagueña”
Feng Hew, cello
Shieh-Jian Tsai, violin
GERSHWIN “Someone to Watch Over Me”
BACH Aria from Goldberg Variations
BPO Wind Quintet
MOZART Wind Quintet, Mvt. II & III
BPO Brass Quintet
BERNSTEIN Selections from West Side Story
SCHEIDT Canzona Bergamasca