Welcome back to Kleinhans Music Hall!
We’ve certainly missed you! We are so excited to welcome you back for live concerts, albeit at reduced capacity for the time being. The safety of our patrons, musicians, staff, and community is the BPO’s first priority. We will continue to follow all local, state, and federal health and safety guidelines, and have developed the following set of protocols for the well-being of all who attend our live concerts. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we navigate this new concert experience. Please check back for regular updates.
For personalized service with any questions you may have, please call the Box Office at (716) 885-5000.
The following safety plan and protocols for Kleinhans Music Hall have been made in accordance with New York Forward guidelines for Small and Medium Scale Performing Arts and Entertainment venues, and with the advisement of local and state health officials.
What to expect when you return to Kleinhans Music Hall
- All in-person concert attendees must fill out a health screening questionnaire in advance of their attendance, and will be subject to a temperature scan at the door, which cannot exceed 100.4°F. Those who fail the health screening or temperature scan will not be permitted entry. Please stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- For the time being, performances will be 90 minutes or less without intermission.
- Doors to the main lobby and concert hall will open 45 minutes prior to the performance start time.
- The Pennsylvania Street entrance will remain closed. Please enter via Porter Avenue (parking lot side) for all performances.
- Hands-free ticket scanners have been installed at the lobby entrance for your safety.
- Please adhere to new social distancing and directional flow markers for everyone’s safety.
- There will be no physical program books administered. Patrons can view our digital program book pre-concert at bpo.org/program, and concert information will be displayed on the screen in the hall as well.
- For the time being, there will be no concessions, coat check, gift shop, or restaurant operations.
- Some live performances will be recorded for future broadcast as part of our BPOnDemand series. The program order for these concerts may be altered, and some pieces may be performed more than once.
- While we encourage applause at the appropriate moments, we ask that you remain silent and seated in your assigned seat for the duration of the performance.
Our Commitment to Your Safety
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization of all public areas by custodial staff on duty during and between performances.
- MERV-13 air filtration system installed.
- Introduction of a new socially-distanced seating plan.
- Implementation of physical distancing indicators and both directional and information signage.
- Regular wellness monitoring of musicians, staff, and volunteers.
- Personal protective equipment worn by all employees and volunteers.
- Touchless ticket scanning for patron admission.
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations throughout the hall.
- Transition from physical program books to digitally-displayed information.
- Monitoring during performances to ensure compliance with safety protocols.
- Mandatory training for all musicians, staff, and volunteers regarding procedures.
Your Responsibility to Our Success
- Stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- Please fill out a health screening questionnaire prior to your in-person concert attendance.
- Wearing face masks will be mandatory at all times in Kleinhans Music Hall. If you do not have a face mask, one will be provided to you at no cost.
- Adhere to the social-distancing markers, refrain from congregating outside of your own party, and provide fellow patrons space to move around.
- Utilize the hand sanitization stations on a frequent basis.
- Please adhere to requests made by BPO and Kleinhans Music Hall staff to ensure everyone’s well-being.