Position: Digital Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Supervises (#): 0
Status: 40 hours per week (non-exempt)
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing the BPO’s digital marketing strategy, including website management, e-mail marketing, social media, digital advertising, and photography/videography projects, in an effort to drive awareness of the BPO brand through digital channels and increase single ticket/subscription sales and contributed revenue.
- Manage all aspects of the BPO and Kleinhans Music Hall websites including strategies for optimization.
- Draft inspirational and engaging copy for all events and institutional pages.
- Oversee the creation and publication of multimedia content for the BPO and Kleinhans Music Hall websites, including photo, video and designed graphics.
- Closely track web analytics and digital conversion rates, making data-driven recommendations to the Director of Marketing and organizational leadership.
- Manage website developer and consultant relationships and seek opportunities that drive website enhancement.
- Oversee planning, copywriting and scheduling of all e-mail marketing campaigns for the BPO and Kleinhans Music Hall, including concert and event promotions, re-engagement tactics, surveys, flash sales and discounts, special announcements, a monthly e-newsletter, and more.
- Manage the e-mail marketing database and list segmentation.
DIGITAL ADVERTISING & ADVANCEMENT
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop and manage digital marketing campaigns, including ad design, pithy and captivating copy, media placement strategy, and tracking.
- Devise and implement strategies for the BPO’s paid search, SEO and PPC efforts.
- Oversee an exciting and engaging social media strategy for the BPO and Kleinhans Music Hall that advances the interests of every department within the organization.
- Draft and schedule all social media content across all platforms, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Maintain a well-documented posting schedule for all social media accounts, complete with tasks, tactics and deadlines for completion.
- Manage a comprehensive social media advertising plan, including strategies for paid ads, boosts, and influencer marketing.
- Create (and work with others to create) digital marketing collateral and content for all social channels with the goal of increasing viewers, listeners, fans and followers.
- Organize live social media events, takeovers, hangouts and broadcasts, and provide social media coverage for events, photo/film shoots, interviews, guest artist visits, etc.
- Respond to all social media direct messages and inquiries; re-direct to the proper department for response when warranted.
- Closely track social media metrics, and make data-driven recommendations to the Director of Marketing and organizational leadership.
OTHER MARKETING DUTIES
- Manage photography and videography projects, including the hiring and management of photographers, videographers, and photo/video editors
- Manage the organization, tagging and crediting of photo/video content.
- Review new digital technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing, particularly within the arts and live events industries.
- Attend concerts to perform marketing duties as assigned (2-4 times per month including evenings/weekends)
In addition to required skill sets, a premium will be placed on intellectual curiosity, a desire to learn and share, a commitment to data-driven application of best industry practices, and a team-oriented and positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree required; focus on digital media a plus.
- Knowledge of and passion for classical music preferred.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills are a must.
- 5+ years of marketing experience a must; nonprofit and/or arts marketing experience a plus.
- Expert-level proficiency with social media platforms and a well-versed understanding of integrated digital marketing campaigns.
- Familiarity with e-mail marketing platforms a must (e.g. Emma, Constant Contact, MailChimp).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with managing photo/video shoots and editing projects preferred.
- Basic graphic design experience/familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Must demonstrate an exceptional ability to prioritize, multi-task, and time manage.
- Must remain highly organized and exhibit outstanding attention to detail.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a team-player mentality, and a sense of humor.
Compensation and Benefits:
The Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra offers competitive compensation for the non-profit sector, commensurate with experience, and a benefits package that includes paid time off, health insurance, and an employer contribution toward a 403(b)-retirement plan.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience and demonstrated accomplishments to Patrick O’Herron, Director of Marketing – email@example.com. No calls.
The Buffalo Philharmonic will be holding a tuba sub list audition on Friday, June 5.
Please send your resumes by Friday, May 3 to jcomisso@BPO.org.
Berlioz: Hungarian March [bar 95 through bar 114]
Mahler: Symphony No. 1, Mvt 3 [4 bars before Reh. 3 to Reh.4]
Prokofiev: Symphony No. 5, Mvt. 1 [Reh. 3 to Reh. 6]
Respighi: Fountains of Rome [pick-up to Reh. 11 to downbeat of Reh 14]
Stravinsky: Petrouchka [Reh. 100 to Reh. 101]
Stravinsky: Rite of Spring #78 6 Bars tuba 1
Wagner: Prelude to Die Meistersinger [Reh. J through Reh. L]
Wagner: Ride of the Valkyries [bar 126 through bar 142]